Monday, July 11, 2005

A.C.

Sarah: Air conditioner?

Angie: Air conditioner? Your sister's name is Angie Chung, we are in Atlantic City, and the first thing you think of when I say A.C. is "Air Conditioner"? It's a sin, Sarah, a sin!

That's right, folks, yesterday some friends and I decided to take the train down to A.C. for some beach. It was so fun playing in the ocean! There was this dune far out into the ocean, where it was shallow enough so that we could stand on it and the water would come up to our knees. Hoa taught us how to body surf and how to swim with the wave when there's a big one coming, and it was so fun that now, I want to try surfing! Also, we had a seaweed fight.

Hoa: I want clams. There's no better way to end a day at the beach then clams with hot sauce and beer. And lime-flavored tortilla chips.

Lime-flavored tortilla chips! I was sold.

So we ended the day with muscles (no more clams at Frogro), zesty lime-flavored tortilla chips and "The Phantom of the Opera", during which I did the whole sleepy-person whiplash thing and finally conked out. I think I am still slightly jetlagged. By the way, the music is really something. I've heard "The Music of the Night" and the theme song all my life, and even played it in band, but last night, I finally heard the real thing, and it was really something.

Online confession: I had no idea how much I missed my friends until yesterday. As we were walking home from the train station, we went by Hill House and waved to it.

"Hi Hill!"

"Hey Hill!"

"Good times, Hill. Good times, good memories."

Hill House was where we all met, freshman year, and here we are four years later, still friends.

No comments: