Friday, December 22, 2006

Obama and a dash of Dubya

Here's a brief, interesting article on Obama. I don't agree or disagree just yet, but I think it's time for me to stop making a god/savior-figure out of the poor guy and actually open up my mind to his faults as well as his strengths.

"You know, I, when I speak, like right now, for example, I'm speaking to the American people, of course, and I want them to know that I know how tough it is."
-- George W. Bush

Both are from Slate, which I never read until now, thanks to the influence of Eric and Jess. Maybe I'll vote for it next year.

1 comment:

David said...

If you read slate you may have seen this, but one of the authors was interviewing people on the street and one woman's quote was, "Well, he's not Jesus" implying that he's just one notch down.

While I don't believe in Jesus, I realized that I've been thinking about him in pretty much the same way. I've been listening to his podcasts and am very impressed, but I guess it's a bit early to say he is a sub-diety. But at the same time it is nice to have a leader that I'm actually excited about...