Saturday, July 07, 2007

Listening To...

Current music favorites:

1. Aventura- great music to cook to!

2. Amelie soundtrack- puts me in another country, another century; listen for:
(a) bicycle wheel at the end of "La Dispute"
(b) the tinkly musical box music that sneaks in about 2 minutes into "Soir de fete"- it took me forever to find which song that was in! The transition is absolutely seamless! It's my favorite part of the whole soundtrack.

3. Pink Floyd (just...great; Comfortably Numb, Coming back to life, Another Brick in the Wall. Listen to that guitar wail!)

4. Arcade Fire- good indie rock; Crown of Love is my favorite; Neighborhood 1 and 4, Intervention...I love the Canadian radio host's voice at the end: "If that doesn't git yeh man, if that doesn't git yeh somewhere spaycial!...Whhhhwww...feel sorry for yeh"

1 comment:

David said...

Hmmm - I appreciate the new Japanese phrase, after learning how to say it, I'll start working on a situation in which I could use it (I guess every time I saw a buddha statue I could say it and impress all of the Japanese people passing by).