Friday, July 24, 2009

Reflecting on Reflections

“...And so, the image of the object is seen as being behind the mirror.”

It is?

I always thought of my reflection as being on the surface of the mirror, not behind it. Obviously, nothing lies behind the mirror. Or so I thought. I guess I didn't know what I was supposed to think. Now, thanks to sitting in on an intro physics class, I know that I'm supposed to think that my reflection is behind the mirror, because that's what my eye sees. And what my eye sees, my mind must see, I guess, is the assumption. I think this is where screws become loose in some heads, when there's a huge discrepancy between the eye and the mind. So now, in order to show I'm not crazy, I'm going to try to make myself believe my reflection is behind the mirror every single morning.

No comments: