Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Perspective Shifts

Perspective is fascinating. You can be utterly disinterested or even dislike a thing as long as you've known of it, and then one day you'll see or experience it in a particular context at a certain point in your own evolution, and suddenly it becomes meaningful, utterly captivating, and you understand it completely. Like olives. I hated olives all my life, and suddenly when I encounter them in a jar swimming in olive oil and feta cheese, eaten with flatbread baked fresh off the streets of the middle east- olives are suddenly delicious and I crave them. Now whenever I think I don't like something, I remember olives. Perspective shifts take time and mental effort, and some of the best things in life take several tries and considerations. Like cheese and coffee. Cheese is a weird food, but once you get on that train, it's like moldy stinky heaven for life.

No comments: