Sunday, December 04, 2005

Riddle Time

Three men are captured by a band of pirates: Patrick Henry, Nathaniel Hale, and Max. The pirates hold a conference in order to figure out what to do with their hostages. Finally, after much deliberation, the pirates decide to execute them in three different ways: one, they will hang, another, they will feed to the crocodiles, and the last, they will make him walk the plank.

Meanwhile, the hostages stand with their hands tied, patiently awaiting their fates. The pirate leader says, "let's do the one with the two first names first. That's always been my biggest pet peeve: people with two first names- Yarrr!"

So the pirates approach Patrick Henry, and the pirate leader asks him, "Yarrr, any last words, any regrets?" Patrick Henry replies, "I have no regrets! Give me liberty, or give me death!" So they gave him death by hanging.

Next the pirates approach Nathaniel Hale, and again, the pirate leader asks him, "Yarrr, any last words, any regrets?" Nathaniel Hale replies, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Then he was promptly fed to the crocodiles.

Finally, the pirates approach Max, and again, the pirate leader asks him, "Yarrr, any last words, any regrets?"

Can you guess what Max's greatest regret was?

Answer: That the plan(c)k was so short! 10^-33 centimeters, to be exact.

Yes folks, this is what I do with my time. I'm the Riddler!

No comments: