Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Exploring Berkeley

I just spent two hours at a store called: Games of Berkeley. It was the origami section that drew me. Did you know, an ordinary square sheet of paper can be transformed into a unicorn? Or an Arab riding a horse? Or Jesus praying at the rocks? I spent about half of the two hours trying to convince myself I didn't need to buy an origami book, then I spent the other half trying to figure out how to make a duck and a penguin. Hmmm, yes, I see now why I must travel alone.

Before I discovered the game store, I sat at a large table at Tully's (which has free wi-fi, cheers!) and listened to the woman sitting at the same table crying. Not loudly, just sniffles. A bouquet of tacky, bright orange, red, and purple flowers lay on the table in front of her. A long while later, a man entered and came to her. "I'm so sorry, I did the stupidest thing!" he said, "I got on the wrong BART train!" They left Tully's together.

No comments: