Monday, November 05, 2007

Kindred Blog-Spirit

Check out this fun blog called Cocktail Party Physics. I guess it wasn't so strange that I considered dressing up as Schrodinger's cat for Halloween. (Charming maybe!) In the post "Get your physics phreak on", she writes about the premiere of the new show, "The Big Bang Theory", specifically about how one character dressed up as The Doppler Effect for a Halloween party! Hoohoohooboy, that's so funny! And then she goes on to list some other creative punny physics costumes like Schrodinger's Cat ("...demonstrate your collapsing wave function"). I love how she writes after this suggestion, "If your looking for something a little less mainstream..." Indeed, Schrody's Cat has become the E=mc^2 of quantum theory.

Happyredpigs! I like your idea of a mini-roadtrip from Pittsburgh to Philly! Will do my best to haul ass out there (and I've got a little surprise news, too! Let's just say...I've acquired a new skill, and it's slightly more useful than the one where I can wiggle my ear and burp the alphabet. Wait, I can't even do that latter one, sadly.)

2 comments:

David said...

Yeah, what is with the peace sign pictures? I've noticed that (much more in Japan than in China). At first I thought of Nixon, but I'm sure that's not what they are going for.

Jess said...

Are you kidding?? They definitely sell Nerds! I love Nerds!! Especially the red/green box.

Woooohoooo about Turkey day!

My favorite Halloween costume was the coworker in college who was a "website": he just made a long url and walked around with a plate of cookies, handin' them out :)