Monday, April 14, 2008

Hillary the Angel

“You know, I have, ever since I’ve been a little girl, felt the presence of God in my life." ~HRC

Is that why she goes around telling her advisors to fuck off? I knew that was a divinely-inspired message.

"And it has been a gift of grace that has, for me, been incredibly sustaining." ~HRC

I'm sure it helped her through the various trials of her personal and political life. In fact, one could say she was "clinging to religion" in the face of hardships- perhaps not economic ones (scratch that- definitely not economic ones), but hardships nonetheless. So Obama was not wrong when he said people turned to religion as a source of comfort in the face of hardships?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply can NOT read this whole post tonight. It goes in one eye and out the other, just like all the CNN my bf watches. But I just wanted to say I like to memorize pi too, but I only got this far:

3.141592653589793

Aren't you proud of me?

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

Interesting points. Guns do seem out of place in his statement.

But in the last debate he said this:
There's the reality of gun ownership and the tradition of gun ownership that's passed on from generation to generation. You know, when you listen to people who have hunted, and they talk about the fact that they went hunting with their fathers or their mothers, then that is something that is deeply important to them and, culturally, they care about deeply.

I think that if you look at it as the tradition of hunting rather than just gun ownership it makes at least a little more sense. I wonder if that's what he was thinking of the first time or if he found a nice way to smooth it over.