Friday, June 20, 2008

Maybe Bill Watterson Can Stay in Retirement After All

Oh man, I just caught up on reading xkcd comics. I think they might be the next best thing after Calvin & Hobbes.

Qui dara fine al gran dolore? L'ore.
(Basically: Time heals all wounds.)

Who knew this Italian echo (compare end of question to answer) would apply to such a mundane business as a bad haircut? See, a few weeks ago, I got a bad haircut. What made it bad? I asked for a trim and a layer. 30 minutes later, I look in the mirror and...damn, I'm not a baby, I'm not going to get upset over a bad haircut because I know hair grows back, but when I got home, the first thing I did was look up "layer" in the dictionary. Just as I thought, a "layer" involves a gradation of sorts- a gradual transformation from short to long, for instance. I then checked in the mirror once more, and sure enough, there was nothing gradual about the transformation. It was more like a 30-foot freefall starting somewhere behind my ears. And spikey, like those girls in Korean dramas who try so hard to look trendy. Yuck, I thought. Who can put an end to this great sorrow? Only time. Time- and ponytails, which make me look younger, true, but this is more desirable than looking like a Korean pop star.

Anyway, so today marks the first day since the Haircut I let my hair down and it looked okay.

Cheers to time and ponytails!

No comments: