Saturday, July 05, 2008

Ghost Reflection

Ok, I know this is weird. But I was changing into my pj's, caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror, and did a double take- because my reflection had TWO belly buttons! I checked to see which was the real reflection (it was the bottom one), and then I spent about a minute trying to figure out where the secondary one was originating from. Strangely enough, it disappeared when I moved to the right window pane. So I moved my reflection side to side a few times, trying to figure out why the secondary button was disappearing. But then I discovered that if I raised my hand up to the height of my face, its second reflection disappeared even on the left side, so then I guessed that it's just the way the light in the room strikes the window at a certain height. And that's my current hypothesis, which shall go untested and assumed unless anyone else has other ideas because seriously, I need to go to sleep. Belly buttons are not earth-shattering news. It's not even news! But anything that is not news-worthy is blog-worthy...I think that's the general rule.

No comments: