Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life & Fashion

It's really killing me that the internet is so slow. Someone's downloading movies, and I'm gonna find out who. In the meantime, here's a short update to let you know I'm still alive, back from my winter trip around the Mideast, and trying to write about my trip in between teaching, exploring Kurdistan, reading great books, working out, and partying with my colleagues. Happy 2009 y'all! Make it happen! You only live once, and time is linear and directed; you can never do that day over again. One more thing: I'm wearing baby-blue teddy bear barrettes on my jeans. Along with the importance of family and friends, and the linearity and non-symmetricality of time, this is another thing I discovered during my solo travels around the Mideast: you can spice up your regular weekend jeans-and-shirt outfit by hooking things to the belt loops of your jeans or clipping things to the pockets. 

1 comment:

Eric said...

You truly are living the Billy Madison life... with all your teaching and everything!

Travel... here are my ideas:
Chicago to visit Matt,
Philly of course,
Israel free birthright trip!?
DC to visit GW,
A summer trip with Jess-- somewhere warm... Mexico? Portland/Tacoma!? I dunno...
Bike trip with my family somewhere

Nothing like what you've got going on. So I plan on spending time with you looking at pictures and hearing stories in order to truly live vicariously!