Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Revival of Beer Pong

January 10, 2009


I played beer pong last night for the first time since summer 2006, when I lived in a sticky-floored frat house before moving into the city (in Philly). And the Lebo and I totally killed Team Great Britain with my killer underhand toss. Only, because the host of the birthday party has celiac disease, we used jungle juice instead of glutenous beer. Only, we couldn't find any kool-aid or hi-c mix, so we ended up drinking the most foul, the most tangy mix I've ever tasted. Every time I took a sip of that goddamn juice, my face reacted like Kevin in Home Alone whenever he put on that aftershave. We filled marbled balloons with random objects and popped them like a sick version of a pinata. The Falaballoon (balloon containing a falafel) won for coolest flight pattern- very erratic and tumbling quickly down like a crazed, doomed bird. In my happy state, I kept on going on about how happy it made me to see the Lebo and his HOD together, and how much I hoped for them to stay together forever. Nothing makes me happier than to see a couple who seem made for each other. Lucky in love they are, and they are few and far between, though I wouldn't consider the others as errant, necessarily...Anyway, away from amorphous, inchoate sayings. I fumbled a joke and ended up smashing a cupcake into a colleague's face. Oops. And I fell on my left ass. I know this because I woke up this morning with a sore left ass. Thank god for bruises- because sometimes, memory is just not good enough. 

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

haha! That year you could have passed for a victim of domestic abuse, with all the bruised you had from drunken craziness.