Monday, May 23, 2011

Free Books

I'm giving away my books from now on after I read them (exceptions for reference-like books, epic tomes, and books with pretty pictures). Why? I do not like amassing too many things, so less than a month ago, I resolved to stop spending money on books, and to just read the ones I already own or ones lent to me. Well! Today, I just broke (read: shattered) that rule. So now I get to buy them, but must give them away after the reading.

It makes very little sense financially-- then again, I never claimed to have a good head for business. Quite the opposite, really. Existentially speaking (?), it makes me feel free...free from the bondage of money. When you do things for free, it means you can afford to. Although I am not rich, I am not dirt poor, and I can afford to do things here and there without worrying about how to get something green out of it. And besides, I like the idea of sharing/distributing my experiences in this way.

No comments: