Monday, May 05, 2008

Party at the Snug

This past weekend, I found myself

1) Sitting in a room with a stark naked girl on the floor in front of me, beating on a djembe positioned between her knees. Don't worry, there were other people in that room. They were all boys, and I was the one blushing.

2) Dancing with a large, sticky electric blue barrel over my head. It was a 1/2-Halloween party, and I lacked a costume. Will you believe me when I say I was 99% sober during the entire party?

3) Sitting in a yard with a gorilla, a rock pile, a dude that looks like Jesus swinging nunchucks, and a Mongol pimp. Oh, I was the Mongol pimp. Imagine an Asian girl donned in an oversized purple fur coat and a hat made of a block of gray foam (leftover from the rock pile costume), and you'll see what I mean.

3) Jamming on a guitar, accompanied by djembes, an xylophone, a tambourine, and said barrel, while wearing said Mongol pimp get-up. We were like hippies in a commune, minus the pot.

4) Dozing on a rooftop.

5) Watching the sun set over the Olympic Mountains while perched on a log on the beach, surrounded by silhouetted figures and flaming bonfires dotting the sands.

6) Dancing in the Tunnel at Golden Gardens, accompanied by 3 djembes, a toy gun, a fellow dancer, and random strangers passing through the tunnel. Golden Gardens is officially my favorite place in the whole city.

I wanna go busking!

No comments: