Friday, October 17, 2008

The Edge Reprised

I've just returned from a crazy night of dancing at the Edge- the very place I had said I would not go back to after that swimming under the stars experience, saying it was a let-down. I keep saying, “Oh, the Edge is not my thing,”, but every time I go (which is 3 times now), I have a great time. The reason I have a great time, though, is because I love being there with my colleagues. The Edge would be a very dull place without the company of my comrades. The Kurdish dancing at the engagement party was fun, but truly, there is nothing as fun as down and dirty, hold-nothing-back American style dancing. They played everything from the Monkees and Beegees to Black Eyed Peas, and even that Outlandish cover of “Aisha”. Tons of '80s favorites (it's an older crowd that frequents the Edge). Then for the ride home, we all piled into the back of a huge jeep driven by a guy named Ivan and fell asleep on the ride home, stopping in the middle of a field for one person to puke, and 2 others to take a wizz. I fell into neither category, thanks very much! 





No comments: