Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Better or Worse?

You might not recognize me when I come home. A couple weeks ago, ND and Val were studying my face and hypothesizing that I would look good with bangs. I let them test the hypothesis, and it was proven to be true, judging from the positive reactions of my colleagues to my new sideways bangs (they curve to my right). Then this morning, I finally opened the Lancome make-up kit my aunt had given me 3 Christmases ago and tried it out- eye shadow in several earthy shades, black for under the eye, some warm-toned blush, and lip gloss, and...well I let the kids be the judge because they're usually honest.

"Miss, did you do something to make your face better?" 8-year-old Ram asked, making a face-powdering motion.

"Better? Do you think it's better than before, or worse?"

They all started shouting:
-"Better, better!"
-"No, worse, worse!"
-"No, better!!"

Time for a quick 2 minute poll: I counted 19 betters and 8 worses, the votes totaling 27. Someone voted twice it seems. As for my own opinion, I think I finally look like I'm in my twenties. Make-up transforms!

Today, I gave a difficult word problem, and timid AB, who has the look of a startled rabbit permanently etched onto his face, was the only one who was able to get the answer. He was also the only one who was able to find the pattern to the Fibonacci sequence, which I had given out to keep the smarter students from talking after they finished their work. Impressive, little rabbit.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Over Thanksgiving, I was pleasantly surprised to find Sarah's brows neatly plucked. There was a time when you guys found it all so "superficial" and "pointless". My heart swells with pride.

My girls, they's growin' up so fast!

Sadly I don't actually remember the last time I wore makeup

Dr. Chau-Glendinning said...

oh fabulous! i can't wait to see you.