Monday, April 13, 2009

Two Kinds of Bugs, Two Kinds of Sighs

At 6:15 this morning, I opened my eyes and saw a giant spider hanging around on my orange curtains. Sick. I smashed that sucker with a folder so hard it split, and half of its arthropodal corpse ended up on the floor. Disgusted, yet disgustingly satisfied, I crawled back into bed and sighed. Blink blink.


“DAH!” I yelped. Two other multi-legged creepy crawlies were hanging around on my ceiling! I was gonna let them go because my ceiling is way too high to reach, but then, as I lay there staring at the ceiling, I became filled with ire. I leapt out of bed.


“You think you can hang around on my ceiling and not DIE??? I don't THINK SO!”


I snatched up the folder, aimed and fired- but missed. My folder dropped lamely to the floor, the papers inside scattering everywhere. LAME. I tried two more times, but only managed to send the bugs scattering to a patch of ceiling right over my bed. Stupid folder! I threw it back onto my desk, crawled back into bed, and sighed- a very different kind of sigh, truly.

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

ewwww! cats are helpful in those situations