Monday, April 06, 2009

Kindergarten Viruses

The prefects- students in the upper grade levels who watch my kindergardeners while I am on my break- are starting to complain that my babies are kissing each other on the cheek and saying "I love you". Hehe. I don't know whether to suppress or encourage this. On the one hand, this society needs to seriously ease up on their restrictive rules. It would be a small way of changing the status quo to encourage these innocent acts. On the other hand, aren't they a little too young to be exploring this feeling- even if they have no idea what it all means? 

For now, I won't say anything and just go with the flow, whether it ends up dying out or sustaining itself. The worst thing to do would be to make it a big deal- like I did with the "you just wait" threatening hand signal and the sticking-out-your-tongue thing. These things are like viruses the way they spread. But unlike viruses, the more you try to treat them, the more they propagate.

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

wonder how it got started. i gave my blog a face-lift. do you like it? is the pacman a bit much?

I was looking for distractions last night while studying for a test. =)