Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ducks and Geometry

I am so mesmerized by the current ad. A line of cute little yellow ducks swimming past my very eyes and disappearing...where do they go? Ha! Where does it go?! Where does it go?! Reminds me of that movie with Jack Black and Ben Stiller..."Envy". Thanks to that movie, when I encounter the word, "vaporize" in my textbooks, my mind says, "vapoorize".

And I think I can answer my own question. See, the banner may appear to be flat, and so you wonder, where did they get so many ducks to participate in this advertisement? But the banner is actually circular; it only appears to be flat from our limited point of view. And so we are actually seeing the same finite number of ducks over and over again. And since the banner is circular, the ducks are not actually going anywhere.

Eh? EH?

What a bucket of crazy.

No comments: