Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cheap Shoes

The bazaar is dirty and cheap and an exciting place to shop, especially for shoes. For some reason, the Erbil bazaar has really cute shoes and I was tempted to buy a few pairs but stuck to just one for now that had pretty flower prints on the soles. These prints will come in handy when I want to make sand art with my feet.* It was my first haggling experience, and it was a successful one! I got it down from 8000 dinars (~$6.50) to 5000 (~$4.50).


*These cheap shoes are now broken. I think I should not have been running in them so much.

1 comment:

David said...

**By the way, it's really weird/interesting to be writing from two different temporal perspectives. It's like I'm able to see into my own future, or some other feeling of time warp. Gives you quite a perspective on life in general.

What?