Sunday, September 07, 2008

New Week, New Beginnings

Wow, what an amazing change from last week. I think I can do this! I feel like I'm learning how to be a mother with this kindergarden gig. How to deal with multiple crying children. How to send 20 kids to the bathroom and have them come back out without looking like they just dove into a pool. How to make kids laugh while learning. Whew! I see now why Captain Von Trapp decided to run his family of 7 kids like an army brigade. Today, I found out that one of my kids is scared of Bob Marley. I played a CD of his songs during break, but the little tyke asked me to turn it off. 

"You don't like it?"

"No Miss Angie, I don't like it. It's scary."

How can anyone be scared of Bob Marley???

And the smiley face/sad face list worked like a charm with my second graders. No one wants to be stuck on the sad face list because that means scary detention man (who I've been told can be quite a terror). On the other hand, kids can be very competitive, and that prize for whoever has the most smilies next to their name after a month is like their Holy Grail. I haven't even told them what the prize is yet! Heck, I don't even know what the prize is myself. Any ideas? And now I leave you with a comment about the copious amount of posts I've put up lately:

"Fuck sake, Angie you are writing a fucking dictionary..."

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

i'm so jealous! who said the quote? why do you require a word verification to leave a comment?