Monday, September 22, 2008

Gratitude

In thinking about how much I've learned on the job so far, I realize that it is not so much the institution, but the people I work with that has taught me everything I now know about teaching. Long talks through the night with some of my colleagues about how to convey certain ideas in math, and how to manage a classroom full of wildebeests (okay, young children), as well as observing the way my colleagues handled tough situations; their constant encouragement and support after long, exhausting days; and sharing funny stories about our kids at the end of the day...I am indebted to my fellow teachers for getting me through this tough first month of the hardest job I've ever undertaken. This place and job would have been the pits without them!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You can still buy one of those man-made islands in "The World" archipelago next to Dubai.

JC said...

Where are you?

Do you privatize your blogs, and upload them all at once?